Sunday, May 10, 2009




Today, I don't talk about myself or my stuff, instead Sunday is dedicated to sharing the other great blogs and interesting news from around the Beadosphere this past week.

From Science Daily "World's Oldest Manufactured Beads Are Older Than Previously Thought"
"The newest evidence, in a paper by the authors to be published in the next few weeks in the Journal of Quaternary Science Reviews, shows that the Aterian in Morocco dates back to at least 110,000 years ago."

Lisa at A Bead A Day has a new featured artist post up - gorgeous work from Laura Trevey. Go look! I'll wait here.

Jan has started a new blog at Wire My Soul! Welcome to the Beadosphere, Jan. (I love that adorable amigurumi whale)

chocolate and steel - inspirational patterns from nature. Her blog is full of beautiful pictures that get the creative wheels spinning.

Some of the most beautiful wire work I've ever seen is Gravel Road Jewelry's. She doesn't blog, but you just *have* to visit her Art Fire shop. Be prepared to go "ooh, aah" a lot. Found her via Autonomous Artisans.

This Artist's Journey - tagged for a meme, she answers four "8 Things" questions and shares eight of her favorite blogs. Now I can add even more beautiful, crafty blogs to my reader!

Do you ever think about the backside of your jewelry work? Lora Hart Jewels' blog "Such and Such" discussed this in her Weekend Eye Candy post. Definitely a tip I'll start taking to heart.

Breathtakingly beautiful artisan lampwork beads can be found at Beadabundant The Bead Blog these are so rich looking - and the colors! Wow.

Have you visited Just A Tish lately? Her newest family member, Chance (aka Newd Og) needs surgery. Her request to you is to send just 50 cents, there's a Pay Pal donate button on her blog. She's past the half way point, let's help her and Chance over the finish line. You can follow her on Twitter @JustATish and join her Facebook fan page, too.

As mentioned earlier this week, Art Bead Scene's May Challenge: Monet's Waterlilies. If you find yourself inspired by this painting to create something that includes art beads, you should consider entering the contest - the prizes this month are wonderful as well.

Artbeads had their first Twitter contest for Venetian beads, ended yesterday, winners announced tomorrow. From the way the rules read, I think they'll be doing more of these, read here how to participate. (if you are on Twitter you should follow @Artbeads and @BeadGuy)

UPDATE: Breaking news! Tish won the Artbeads Twitter contest! see the lovely bead she won:

The Beadin' Path is having a moving sale - but you better hurry, ends tomorrow night at midnight (Eastern?), Monday May 11th. They tweet @beadinpath

Leave a comment on Rings & Things blog (tell @Rings_Things (Dave) I sent you) to be entered in the May give-away. Comment often, improve your chances! And sometime next week I'll be posting about the goodie pack I got on Friday. Please come see!

Auntie's Beads reminded me I'd let my Beader's Advantage lapse and provided a nice little discount code for me in their "we miss you" email, so I renewed (extra % off for club members + Advantage points) and I grabbed a few good deals there on Swarovski 4mm bicones for my new favorite necklace/bracelet design. Aunties was one of the first online bead stores I purchased from when I got addicted to beading went bead insane started beading. They have a blog, too. They tweet, @auntiesbeads.

And a message from our sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin