Good morning! This Sunday it's a beautiful, sunny and warm day here in Silicon Valley where I live. I've still got a ton of work to do to finish my workroom re-organization and clean up, but I've taken a bit of a break to wander around the Beadosphere and share some great spots to visit!
- Lisa at A Bead A Day answers my question "Do people macrame anymore?" and shares a gorgeous bracelet with a square Swarovski Crystal Volcano bead.
- From Tish at Just A Tish - August Peridot and What do the stones say? And check out Tish's booth!
- Melissa over on Strands shares The Tides, a necklace using mosaic turquoise and one of her fine silver Sea Pendants.
- AJ at ErtheFae's Meandering Thoughts: Chthulu gets a beaded makeover
- Art Bead Scene - The August Challenge is here. The artwork picked to inspire you for the challenge this month is Kanagawa oki nami ura (Great Wave off of Kanagawa) by Hokusai Katsushiki. This print is one of the series of block prints known as the Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji (circa 1826-33). The prizes.
- Silver Parrot - fabulous bead haul from Pasadena bead show with tons of pictures
- On Thyme2Dream help the Fae Elven Fashionista win the contest
- Janeen's 365 - what will these become?
- Karolyn at The Bead Blog beautiful metallic beads and Ekho crystals beads
- SmuTopia has a new camera and provides some suggestions for shopping for a good jewelry photographing camera.
- You'll spend hours admiring the photos from the 2009 Bead Dreams feature.
- From The Beadin' Path, Great discussion of Steampunk in Weekly Beadditudes with Dara
- Rings & Things blog: Carnelian and Russ Troll has a Facebook Contest going on (you'll need to scroll down a bit) with the lucky winner getting to be a "GUEST BEAD WORKER" at a genuine Rings & Things "BeadTour" bead show!
- Soft Flex Girl reminds you that your opportunity to enter the Flex Your Creativity contest ends soon!
- The Artbeads Blog for Beaders talks about a visit to the Swarovski concept store and shares a beautiful necklace by Linda Moseley in their gallery of customer designs
- Objects and Elements Challenge: Color deadline: Aug 21
And from suppliers:
Hope you enjoyed the trip - have a wonderful week, 'til next time!
This week's wandering sponsored by: